Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 11 - Comics as Contemporary Literature





 I read The Bus. It takes one object and shows how many different and creative ways you can use it in a comic, it sort of messes with your head and show some fun and exciting scenarios that are impossible but make it a really interesting read. It's really fun and a nice break from comics with text. Sometimes just having images that you have to put together in order to understand whats going on works just as well for comics.





I also watched Persepolis, it's honestly one of the best things I"ve seen. I think it's great that it was made into an animation. It's really great to see an autobiographical graphic novel written by a woman of color who shows her perspective of things and life, and what her family and people in her culture have to go through. I think it's a great example comics as contemporary literature. It provides something fresh, something that I think is important to have. Comics and stories by people of other cultures should be supported more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment