Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 13 ~ Reconsidering Superheroes


I grew up watching the Batman Animated Series on Cartoon network, it was a really great show. I never really had an interest in reading comics, specially superhero comics.
This week I read Arkham Asylum and its way darker than I thought and clearly intended for more mature audience. Unlike the Batman cartoons, this comic was dark and really showed a different side to Batman. The style of the illustrations are very expressive and perfectly fit the story. They further emphasize the dark and psychological themes. The type also fits each character. For example when it's the Joker talking they use a red on white font thats just crazy and really suitable to the character.
I think it's great that over time each super hero or villains show/cartoon have catered to audiences of different ages, as well as how much these characters have evolved. I never really watched the old Batman show with Adam West before, it's funny and I think it's also fitting to the style of the 60's.


No comments:

Post a Comment