Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 12 ~ Comics by women



Safari Honeymoon was great, weird, and funny. It was definitely an enjoyable short comic.




I also read This One Summer. It's a great coming of age story about pre-teen girls and also just a great read in general. I think as an adult you can connect with the story. It really brings you back to those times when you start thinking about boys and wanting to be more grown up, as well as how you start to notice adult's relationships and how they affect you. It really captures what a pre-teens life is all about and that transition from a child to a young adult. It's beautiful written and illustrated. The images really add to the mood of the story and they give you a warm feeling.

I think we need more stories like this. Comics and graphic novels written by women, theres no reason why people should continue to see it as something that only men do or a boys thing.
I really connected with the story and it reminded me of how I felt as a pre-teen and how you want to change yourself and grow and be accepted by those older kids that you look up to and admire.


No comments:

Post a Comment